H(13) Helyg Hut, Ogwen Valley, Snowdonia

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Re: H(13) Helyg Hut, Ogwen Valley, Snowdonia

Postby John McMahon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:39 pm

I think Kieth is bringing veggie sausages.
I'm sure he would bring extra for Jen, if she promised to share her marmitey carrots.
john mcmahon
John McMahon

Postby Kate » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Keith bringing veggie chilli not sausages. And yes, there will be plenty for Jen.

Any other veggies, speak up now if you want some veggie chilli then we kniw how much we're making.

Thanks

Kate
Kate

Postby Jodie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi, just wondered if anyone who's free but not made it on this meet fancies Snowdon that weekend? I've never done it before but it's on my list for this year. I'm free between Thursday evening 12th April and Sunday 15th so could book a night or 2 in a hostel near pen y pass?
Jodie
Jodie

Postby Tom_J » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Kate wrote:Keith bringing veggie chilli not sausages. And yes, there will be plenty for Jen.

Kate

Thanks Kate, sounds great! I'll pass on the message to Jen (she is not able to check the bulletin board and respond directly at the moment).

I guess that means the marmite-carrot-sausages can wait for another time. Probably for the best, they'd only make us meat eaters envious of what we're missing out on.

Tom
Tom_J

Postby Will S » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Jodie,

I'm sure that you will find other people wanting to head up Crib goch that weekend if you are in North wales the same time as this meet. For reference there is a bunk barn across the road from the hut;
http://www.tryfanwales.co.uk/

Or a nicer one a little further down the road that I have stayed at before;
http://gwerngofisaf.co.uk/

If you are staying close then I'm sure coordinating with other club people will be easy, the same goes for anyone one else wanting to head over for the weekend now that the hut is full.

Unfortunately Huts can have quite strict occupancy rules (for fire Regs) so I'm afraid that joining any communal meals in the hut isn't really possible. I know it seems a little weird as you are a club member too and would be just across the road, but there is a bit of an etiquette to using huts and we don't want to get a bad rep for the club.

There are pubs down in Capel Curig and Plas y Brenin also does good food but both bunk barns have kitchen for making your own food.

Will
Will S

Postby Paul_C » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:42 pm

I am planning on camping at Gwern Gof Uchaf campsite near Tryfan, and hopefully will be able to join in with some climbing.
Paul_C

Postby Will S » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 pm

There seems to be interest in training in the other thread.

If anyone is keen to learn multi pitch stuff I'm happy to head out with up to 3 people and do some longer routes on the Saturday.

Will
Will S

Postby DavidPonting » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:07 am

I'm also interested in low-grade multipitch (VDiff/S), but don't necessarily need to go with Will since I have done a fair bit before - is anyone else in a similar boat?

In terms of transport, I'm happy to drive and if so am hoping to leave Leeds (Moortown) at 2/3-ish, to get past Manchester before the rush. Can anyone else leave that early?
DavidPonting

Postby Lindsay M » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 am

Never done any trad leading or multipitch, but a fairly competent second if you don't mind swearing and the occasional existential crisis (usually replaced by giddiness and squee noises once at the top). Would love to get some climbing in if someone is willing to have me along.
Lindsay M

Postby Ed Steele » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:57 am

Is there anyone leaving from north Leeds after 5pm who would be able to give me a lift please? My other half needs the car this weekend.
Ed Steele

Postby Lindsay M » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 am

Ed Steele wrote:Is there anyone leaving from north Leeds after 5pm who would be able to give me a lift please? My other half needs the car this weekend.

Whereabouts in North Leeds? I work in York and was going to travel via Killingbeck to car share with Lindsay S.
Lindsay M

Postby LindsayStagg » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:10 pm

I’m also interested in doing multi-pitch Will. I’ve climbed a couple with Sandra last year and also once with Norbet. I’m really slow on the descent and may like a rope if it’s steep...if thats okay? :)
LindsayStagg

Postby Ed Steele » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Lindsay - I work by Roundhay park, live in Oakwood just off Easterly road so about 10 mins from Killingbeck.
Ed Steele

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Ed Steele wrote:Lindsay - I work by Roundhay park, live in Oakwood just off Easterly road so about 10 mins from Killingbeck.

My plan is to leave work (around 5pm), head to Killingbeck to get Lindsay and have a tea break (essential). If I pick you up after leaving Lindsay's, probably between 6:30 and 7pm, would that suit? If it does, send me a PM (or a facebook message) with your address and phone number in case I get lost.

My car's not massive, so with three of us, one person's stuff will probably have to go in the back seat but we managed with three at the annual dinner. As long as none of us bring the kitchen sink we should be grand.
Lindsay M

Postby Ed Steele » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:39 pm

I take it for this hut we don't need to bring a sleeping bag or pillow?
Ed Steele

PreviousNext

Return to Weekend Meets