Summer Bash! 23rd-24th June, Baysbrown Farm, Langdale

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Re: Summer Bash! 23rd-24th June, Baysbrown Farm, Langdale

Postby CathS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm also planning to come on the meet, assuming the weather's OK.
CathS

Postby Ian Ashman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Will - I have agreed to climb with John on weekend but I am free Friday. Day on Pavey sounds great. Text me your number and I'll ring you. Ian 07867 526861

I've got the Friday booked off work so is anyone else planning on heading up early too? I'll head up Thursday evening and looking for partners for climbing on Friday possibly at Pavey.

Will[/quote]
Ian Ashman

Postby Will S » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi Ian and Paul,

Great stuff we can climb as a 3 if you are okay with that? If the weather is okay I'm going to bivy at pavey Thursday night so can meet you up there Friday morning. I'll bring a 50m half rope and a small rack. My number is 07904848414.

Will
Will S

Postby andymay » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I am attending - would love to hear from any climbing partners out there
andymay

Postby JR » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:38 am

I know Lee's had to drop out of this, so I'm back looking for a climbing partner, though note I'm looking to lead HVS/E1 possibly E2.

Forecast is currently reasonable, though nowhere near as hot as the weekend just gone (which probably means that the high North facing crags won't now be a good bet), a fresh westerly breeze to keep the midgies down but a risk of scattered showers (so the gazebo's definitely a good idea!)

Cheers,

JR.
JR

Postby Paulina_M » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Think I might be coming too :)
Paulina_M

Postby Mountain_Bee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Weather is looking changeable, will there be a potential last minute move to chase better weather if it's bad enough?
Mountain_Bee

Postby Lindsay M » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 am

Mountain_Bee wrote:Weather is looking changeable, will there be a potential last minute move to chase better weather if it's bad enough?

If it's bad enough, yes. At the moment the forecast looks like scattered showers for most mountain areas but MWIS says total rainfall will be low over the weekend. I'm keeping an eye on it for now as it's still a bit early to tell, final decision on Thursday as usual for camping meets. The club gazebo will be making an appearance in case we do need to keep a little "liquid sunshine" at bay :)
Lindsay M

Postby Tom_J » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:10 am

andymay wrote:I am attending - would love to hear from any climbing partners out there

Hi Andy, I'm planning to come and would be up for some climbing if you are still looking for a partner.

Also, Jen might come on the meet, but won't know for certain until Friday. If she comes we could climb as a three if you don't mind signing up to the possibility of that?
Tom_J

Postby Mountain_Bee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:40 am

Ok , just that campsite can get waterlogged very quickly I am told and you have to park on the field, Keeping an eye on it too.
Mountain_Bee

Postby CathS » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 am

I've stayed at that campsite loads of times over the years, and waterlogging/bogginess has never been a problem. Half of the site is on raised ground, and the other half has got field drains which the farmer has improved over the last few years. It's been so hot and dry for the last week anyway that I don't think any rain in the next couple of days is going to suddenly turn the place into a swamp.

The latest forecasts are suggesting that it's going to be largely dry in the South Lakes this weekend.

My preference would be to stick with the plan and go to Langdale unless the forecast for the Lakes is truly horrendous and it's significantly better elsewhere, rather than chopping and changing last minute because there might be some showers. It's ultimately the meet leader's call though.
CathS

Postby Lindsay M » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:56 am

CathS wrote:
My preference would be to stick with the plan and go to Langdale unless the forecast for the Lakes is truly horrendous and it's significantly better elsewhere, rather than chopping and changing last minute because there might be some showers. It's ultimately the meet leader's call though.

I agree, Cath. If the forecast turns really bad then I will consider changing venue but at the moment it's looking like showers so I'm not worrying too much.
Lindsay M

Postby Marq » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 am

Vicky is heading to the campsite direct from work and so I will be driving over in my car with some space in it if anyone wants a lift there and back. Leaving Chapel Allerton area about 5.30 ish I expect.

Keep an eye out for her grey Mazda MX5 convertible and a Vango green tunnel tent.

Marq
Marq

Postby andymay » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Tom_J wrote:
andymay wrote:I am attending - would love to hear from any climbing partners out there

Hi Andy, I'm planning to come and would be up for some climbing if you are still looking for a partner.

Also, Jen might come on the meet, but won't know for certain until Friday. If she comes we could climb as a three if you don't mind signing up to the possibility of that?

I've hooked up with Cath
andymay

Postby Paul Cookson » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Marq, if you have enough room, I will be leaving chapel a on Fri evening and can go any time.
Paul Cookson

PreviousNext

Return to Weekend Meets